A lot of people nowadays are looking for ways to lose weight. Reasons for losing weight vary – some people simply want to become healthier, some people want to look good, and some people need to do it to reduce risks of other health issues. There are a lot of ways available for weight loss, advertisements for weight loss products have become abundant, so with ads for weight loss exercise programs and routines. Another popular way to lose weight is to participate change one’s ordinary diet to a weight loss diet.
There are numerous weight loss diet plans available – and you can choose a plan to suit your specific nutritional needs. Before choosing one of the available weight loss diet plans, you may want to consult your physician and gather as much information as you can to make an informed decision.
Some of the more common and popular weight loss diet programs are those that involve cleansing and calorie reduction. Another popular weight loss diet plan involves the so called five factor diet.
Cleansing diets are essentially detoxification techniques. This diet involves eating combinations of fresh fruits and vegetables and drinking plenty of liquids. Some advantages to this diet are: it provides you with a fresher feeling and increases your energy; it also helps to increase metabolism as a cleaner liver metabolizes food better; and it is an inexpensive diet. The disadvantages of this diet are that it can be a little hard to adhere to and it may leave you feeling hungry.
The Five Factor diet involves eating five meals in a single day, doing exercises of five days a week (exercises have five phases that are five minutes in length), and includes the following in every meal: lean protein, low GI carbs, adequate fiber, good fats, and sugar free beverages.
Calorie Restriction diets are about as simple as any weight loss diet can get. This diet is based on reducing your daily caloric intake and helps in reducing stress on the immune and digestive systems. Going on this type of diet entails counting the calories you take in and eating less of everything. This diet generally includes the consumption of fruits, vegetables, and low calorie proteins. There are no restrictions on the type of food you can eat as long as you pay attention to the amount of calories.
Prior to starting on your diet, you may want to ask yourself a few questions to determine if the diet can also address your lifestyle needs. Here are a few guideline questions you can use:
– What are your eating habits? Do you eat while on the go or do you eat at home? What do you eat most of the time? Will the new foods in your weight loss diet plan be suitable for this kind of environment?
– Will you be able to eat a different type of food from majority of those present at social gatherings? When eating in groups, how do your companions eat? Do they typically eat food that may not be compatible with your new diet plan?
– Will your current home environment work with your new diet plan? If it does not, are you prepared to change it?
– Do your current leisure activities fit into your weight loss diet plan? Do you consume a lot of junk food in your spare time? If your new diet plan does not allow for the consumption of junk foods, will you be able to give up junk foods altogether?
– Do you eat out a lot? If you do, do the restaurants you go to serve food that fits into your new diet plan?
– Is your kitchen set up properly to handle the type of food preparation required in your new diet plan? Do you have freezer space? Do you have enough time to prepare your food?