This book contains the handouts accompanying the audio / video series “Overcoming Social Anxiety: Step by Step.”
Each handout is a cognitive strategy that will reduce social anxiety in conjunction with the therapy series itself. The book and its strategies helps you to develop a full arsenal of skills for quieting negative thoughts, changing negative thinking habits, and learning to feel less anxious. You are in control of this happening — and the goal of overcoming social anxiety is to teach you, step by step, HOW TO accomplish this goal.
With this book of handouts, you’ll learn how to:
• Challenge automatic negative thoughts and beliefs
• Develop rational, helpful thoughts and belief systems
• Calm yourself down in social situations
• Accept yourself for who you are
• Feel empowered and in control of your life
Our hope is that this new series will be used by millions of people with social anxiety disorder, as they begin learning the cognitive strategies that will help them get better. The brain’s “neuroplasticity” is amazing, and you can learn to think, believe, and feel rationally, instead of letting anxiety cripple your life. Learning to think, believe, and act on rational beliefs changes your life.
- Overcoming Social Anxiety Step by Step